The aim of this contest is elevating the international competitiveness of civil engineers in Taiwan. The contest broadens the vision of practitioners and encourages presenting professional articles at international conferences. Participants will take advantage of unique experience of learning from their peers.
The Content of the Contest
Topics can range from analytical research to real world case studies. A proposed presentation outline is required to be submitted prior to the presentation contest. The maximum length of the outline shall not exceed 2 pages (A4 size paper). The official language of this contest is English.
- Young Professional Engineer Level (age 35 and younger, working professionals)
- Graduate Level (including Masters and Ph.D. candidates)
- Undergraduate Level (including junior college and university students majoring in civil, construction and hydraulic engineering)
- A presentation outline from each contestant must be received prior to the deadline.
- Venue and Dates:
- July 31, 2012 for all levels
- Please submit presentation outline along with vitae and personal references, not to exceed 3 pages (A4 size paper).
Scoring: The contest will emphasize technical English and related oral presentation skills. It will not focus on the technical content of the presentation.
- Presentation: 10 minutes
- Question and answer: 5 minutes
The winners of each group will collect a winning certificate along with a cash prize at the Annual Meeting of the
The Chinese Institute of Civil and Hydraulic Engineers / ASCE-TWIG banquet. In addition, the winners will be assigned as representatives of CICHE at various international functions.
- Young Profession Level: $10,000 NT for the first place entrant; $5,000 NT for second place; and $2,000 NT for third place. The fourth and fifth place winners will be presented with certificates.
- Graduate Level: $6,000 NT, for the first place entrant; $3,000 NT, for second place; and $1,000 NT, for third place. The fourth and fifth winners will be presented with certificates.
- Undergraduate Level: same as above